#4 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 12:56 PM

Nike

I dont know...the new Tiger being verbally taken behind the woodshed by his dead dad commercial sorta rubs me the wrong way

I think they spent a lot of money to try to pump water out of the hull of their sinking endorsement...and..for me at least...accidentally detonated one of their own torpedos in the tube...

#5 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 01:01 PM

I dont know...the new Tiger being verbally taken behind the woodshed by his dead dad commercial sorta rubs me the wrong way

I think they spent a lot of money to try to pump water out of the hull of their sinking endorsement...and..for me at least...accidentally detonated one of their own torpedos in the tube...

I think I am one of the few people in America that has no real problem with the ad. It's a little creepy but no more so than the talking babies in the etrade commercials. Besides, the whole point of an ad is to get people talking, good or bad.

This is still Tiger Woods and if he continues to succeed on the golf course, and early returns so far this week suggest that he will, then this goes away to the point where Tiger the brand becomes viable again, albeit in a changed form.

#6 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 01:12 PM

see I dont find it creepy at all...just..lame

#7 fanofnobody

fanofnobody

Try the veal, child

• Members
  • 16,709 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 01:27 PM

agreed. personally i think it shows that tiger is more worried about his image than doing the ethical thing. using your dead dad to get sympathy? stay classy tiger.
You dont call retarded people retards, its bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded. - Michael Scott

If we can put a man on the moon, we should be able to put a man with AIDS on the moon. Then one day we can put everyone with AIDS on the moon. - Sarah Silverman

Fag! And I dont mean that in the you're "gay" kind of way, I mean it in the you're "retarded" kind of way. - Sarah Silverman

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. - Bullet Tooth Tony

To me religion is like Paul Rudd; I see the appeal and I would never take that away from anyone, but I would also never stand in line for it. - Joel McHale (fuck you, Joel!)

What is wrong with these people? They have no willpower. I went... I once went 28 years without having sex. And then again for 7 years. - Michael Scott

#8 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 01:45 PM

Fair enough. For me, considering the fact that there was absolutely zero chance Nike wasn't going to have a commercial during the most watched Masters ever and considering the elevendy billion different, more tasteless ways they could have gone...It's actually not that bad.

#9 Vandilay Industries

Vandilay Industries

I'm a dirty, dirty boy.

• Members
  • 13,653 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 08:12 PM

agreed. personally i think it shows that tiger Nike is more worried about his image than him doing the ethical thing. using your dead dad to get sympathy? stay classy tiger.

Fixed.

But overall I agree. IMO he's always been a selfish, arrogant guy. His agreeing to let Nike air this only reinforces that.

I'm certainly not rooting for him.
Posted Image

"No. And I hope I never do." -- WR Mike Wallace after meeting Mel Blount and asked if he'd ever seen a corner that big before, even at his age.

"He had no teeth and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" -- John Elway after getting knocked out of a game by Jack Lambert.

"I hate him. If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it." - James Harrison referring to Roger Goodell.

"They get Alan Faneca. We get Chris Weinke. It never ends." - disillusioned Browns fan after the 2012 draft.

"Clark vaporized Griffin with a hit so hard that RG2 and RG1 must have felt it, too." - Craig Wolfley when referring to Ryan Clark crushing RG3 on a throwback play downfield.

#10 doodybritches

doodybritches

Boats and hoes!!!!

• Members
  • 9,567 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 08:18 PM

I think it will come down to Poulter and Woods

#11 GFColtus

GFColtus

Playoffs?!?

• Global Mod
  • 16,724 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 09:18 PM

I think it will come down to Poulter and Woods

I was hoping Els would win. I actually think Lefty might pull this out. I would love to see a final pairing of Tiger and Mickelson.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be Curtis Painter ~ Stig

Manning is better than Brady ~ Aristotle

#12 doodybritches

doodybritches

Boats and hoes!!!!

• Members
  • 9,567 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 09:20 PM

I was hoping Els would win. I actually think Lefty might pull this out. I would love to see a final pairing of Tiger and Mickelson.

CBS wants that more than you do, believe that :nope:

#13 Leroy

Leroy

I Coon, Therefore I Am...

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 09:20 PM

Looking at it from the grand scale POV, the commercial was great. It was the only commercial they could've run...and they absofuckinglutely nailed it.

On my personal POV, it shows the genius of Nike. Say what you want, Tiger isn't bigger than Nike. He may be Nike Golf, but Nike wasn't exactly hurting before it set foot in the country club market. They could've cut him loose...even in this economy. :nope:

Now, 'loyalty' will be one of the many selling points other than 'best marketing, creativity, name recognition of any brand on the planet' when they sit down to pitch the next big thing.

Plus, they know they have a virtual monopoly in their field. Tiger is still the biggest show in town golfwise, and Nike isn't about to lose it's share to any competition.

Sweatshops and dead poor kids shot due to overpriced apparel aside, as a business, they are pretty much amazing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Why we gotta treat the anus with so much nonchalance?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#14 tonynation

tonynation

Coming soon to an endzone near you.

• Members
  • 5,041 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 09 2010, 09:54 PM

I did a double take when Watson was the early leader yesterday. Sucks that he's five back. Considering the Singh and Duval horribly missed the cut, the course has to have been made tougher than usual this year. My thinking is that tomorrow we're going to see a little gap grow between the leaders and the pack. Appearantly the course officials are really wanting the pin placements to be as tough as they can be in the next two days to keep the score down. It's going to be even drier and warmer by the time the leaders tee off so the course may get a little faster also. I'm pulling for Lefty. Not having anything to do with Tiger or anyone else, I just like Lefty.
Click this after every post of mine you read.

#15 FSUViking

FSUViking
  • Members
  • 6,238 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 10 2010, 12:39 AM

Did people really think that Couples and Watson had a shot in hell just because they had a good Thursday? These guys are elevnty hundred years old, play on a tour where the tournaments are three days, not four, play from closer tee boxes, AND...the course played "easy" due to all the rains.

Reality set in today it appears. I love Freddie Couples, but c'mon.....had he played Saturday like he did Thursday, maybe.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online