SS, little help with an injury please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 papago

papago
  • Members
  • 11,578 posts

Posted May 16 2010, 12:28 PM

Sometime in the last month or so I did some damage to my left pinky. The Dr I play golf with thinks there is a good chance there is ligament damage. If so it would require surgery.

The problem is the recovery would mean I wouldn't be able to defend a BIG tittle in late July. Last time I had surgery on the thumb on that hand the surgeon made it clear I could not even try to swing a club for 4 months or longer. Doing so would make it worse. Since this my left hand every time I release a club it tweaks that finger. Worse on irons than a driver because that release also coincides with impact of the ground. If I am swinging properly I take huge divots with my irons. The last thing I want to do is modify the swing. Just not possible to swing "up' on an iron like one does a wood. It has to be a down and out swing.

So reality is I have to try and figure a way to play through this till at least August. I can tell the morning after playing I did something to it. I have bee taping it to the next finger for support, but that won't work while playing. In general that pinky has the least amount of grip pressure, but because of the grip and swing it gets caught underneath the club as the other hand and fingers pass it up during the swing.

If you have any ideas of how to get deal with this it would be appreciated.

#2 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted May 16 2010, 12:30 PM

Ronnie Lott that bitch.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#3 papago

papago
  • Members
  • 11,578 posts

Posted May 16 2010, 12:50 PM

Ronnie Lott that bitch.

That is a thought I didn't think of.

Might come in to play if it becomes unbearable. Now it is a fricking nuisance that is likely to get worse.

Of course there is my wife's idea also. Quit golf and it isn't an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online