• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 11 2012, 02:20 PM

So...tonight Pitt vs. Tenn. Could this really go the way of the Titans? I don't see it but I wouldn't bet against it either.

I have to ask why are the Jets giving up points to anybody?

I think Cleveland pulls off a win at home this week.

Which Oakland team shows up in Atlanta...flying East might make the lesser team don the jerseys?

I am interested in seeing the Miami vs. St Louis game. I think it should be a good one. I think it will be decided by 3 points or less.

I think Baltimore bounces back and curbstomps Dallas.

Will the Giants and San Fran be a high scoring game?

I am looking forward to both SNF and MNF...should be good match ups! Houston didn't look elite last game and Packers are starting to put things together. As fo MNF, being in SD will even the odds a bit. I don't see Denver going into SD and coming out with a win. I think it will go down to the end and be a very good game.

"...In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." -Cliff Clavin

#2 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 11 2012, 09:21 PM

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, this Steeler team has the look of an 8-8 team. Boy does Mike Adams, the second round OT from OSU look like a total bust. Gilbert and Pouncey spen more time in the tub than on the field. After Gilbert got hurt it looked like Ben said "aw shit, I'm dead!"

Ike Taylor is having his worst season as a pro.

And wasn't it Mike Tomlin who fired the special teams coach in the middle of camp? That blocked punt is the difference in this game so far.

Not to be critical.

The Steelers are going to have to come out with something this second half, because right now they look like garbage. And I hate these Thursday night games.

#3 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 11 2012, 09:34 PM

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, this Steeler team has the look of an 8-8 team. Boy does Mike Adams, the second round OT from OSU look like a total bust. Gilbert and Pouncey spen more time in the tub than on the field. After Gilbert got hurt it looked like Ben said "aw shit, I'm dead!"

Ike Taylor is having his worst season as a pro.

And wasn't it Mike Tomlin who fired the special teams coach in the middle of camp? That blocked punt is the difference in this game so far.

Not to be critical.

The Steelers are going to have to come out with something this second half, because right now they look like garbage. And I hate these Thursday night games.

I was really high on Adams, as OT was a huge need for us (still is). I definitely wouldn't say he's a bust; it's not easy protecting a QB who's notorious for extending plays, and linemen usually need several weeks before gelling into their assignments. But his struggles are surprising, he looked like one of the surer prospects.

#4 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 11 2012, 10:55 PM

Tomlin should have punted. This isn't a playoff team.

#5 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 12 2012, 05:38 AM

Tomlin should have punted. This isn't a playoff team.

:yes: however no need to despair completely from your standpoint...that division is very much wide open (wouldn't be at all surprised if Cleveland beats Cincy) to any team which may get hot down the stretch

#6 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 12 2012, 08:13 AM

:yes: however no need to despair completely from your standpoint...that division is very much wide open (wouldn't be at all surprised if Cleveland beats Cincy) to any team which may get hot down the stretch

Yeah, I try to take a step away from it and not knee jerk, but the fact of the matter is this. The Steelers DF has blown 4th quarter leads in 4 of their 5 games this season. With the injuries to their O-line and NOW it is reported that Mendenhall injured his achilles last night and could miss significant time which means they have NO running game. The way I see this team is that if their QB doesn't play a perfect or near perfect game and they can't get a break or two a game, i.e the Michael Vick fumblitis, then they are going to be lucky to reach .500 this season.

And honestly, I'm OK with it. this is a team that Steeler fans have had to realize was having their window close based on some of the veteran players that they cut. There has to be some ebb and flow in this league, and the fact that the STeeler fluctuate from good to great with the occassional speed bump season over the past 20 years is ok by me.

But the way I will watch the games the remainder of this season is going to change a bit. I want to see if players like Cortez Allen and Jason Worlids and Cameron Heyward can improve to the point where they can be quality NFL starters. Honestly, the Steelers 3-4 DF is built on the premise that the 3 guys up front do their job. Right now, Hampton, Kiesel and Hood aren't very good and it is causing a trickle down effect to the back seven.

#7 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 12 2012, 11:47 AM

Of course Mendenhall had to be healthy when Pitt played the Eagles...ugh. That guy opens your offense up so much. Sorry he got hurt...again!

"...In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." -Cliff Clavin

#8 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 14 2012, 03:19 PM

This Cowboys-Ravens game is ridiculous.

#9 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 15 2012, 08:22 PM

ok I am not watching...why did SD just punt from the Denver 36...is Novak hurt?

#10 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 15 2012, 10:20 PM

Peyton being Peyton. Just an incredible comeback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online