• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 26 2012, 01:47 PM

So Philly is giving up points to the only unbeaten team this week. Philly's record coming off a bye, being at home, and the potential stake of job opportunity in Reed and Vick must be the main reasons. I for one do not see it but hell, I am hoping the Eagles have figured some shit out and go on a roll.

Giants underdogs against the Cowboys. Another head scratcher...when it seems obvious to me that this is a bad spread, so obvious...it usually turns out Vegas is right. I do not see how the Boys are going to win but...

pink penalty flags in the Jets v. Miami game...why? With all the pink on the field already, isn't it just gonna get confusing? C'est la vie...
Should be a good game, though. Anytime the Jets and Miami get together it is a good one. Most of the time the underdog comes out the victor, right?

I think Seattle wins one on the road...

New England has to travel less than the home team. Also, it is on a hybrid grass which doesn't favor the Rams. Ouch!

I think the score will be uglier than the jerseys in the Steelers game for Steeler fans.

Oakland going East to KC...KC is a wreck. How do the Raiders figure a way to lose this one...I wouldn't think they would but never count out the Raiders.

GB with an over 2 touchdown spread...yeah, I can see that.

"...In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." -Cliff Clavin

#2 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 26 2012, 02:33 PM

I think Seattle wins one on the road...

Torn on this one. Seattle often has issues in road games, and having a rookie QB doesn't make that fact any better. Plus, Detroit's essentially up against the wall in this game. They're already 2+ games behind everyone in their division, and they have yet to win a division game. They need this game just to have a chance to catch up to the rest of the NFCN. They'll be more desperate than Seattle, and they're at home.

On the flip side, Seattle's had 4 more days to prepare for this game than Detroit has, and Seattle's coming off a frustrating loss. They'll want to keep pace with the 49ers in the NFCW, and if they're truly a playoff team, this is the kind of game they win (on the road against a beatable opponent). Seattle matches up well with Detroit, I think, because they can make them even more one-dimensional on offense (forcing the Lions to go to the air against a damn good secondary). Plus, the Lions secondary is susceptible to the deep pass, which is one area where Russell Wilson already shines.

If this was in Seattle, I'd just about guarantee a win. Being in Detroit, though, I don't have a clue. I do know, however, that Jerome Bettis is from there.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#3 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 26 2012, 02:55 PM

pink penalty flags in the Jets v. Miami game...why? With all the pink on the field already, isn't it just gonna get confusing? C'est la vie...
Should be a good game, though. Anytime the Jets and Miami get together it is a good one. Most of the time the underdog comes out the victor, right?

we can certainly hope!

I think on paper the jets should be exactly what they are...slight favorites..

but emotionally I wouldn't mind if Miami stole one after that train wreck of a game last time still ended up coming down to just an OT loss.

#4 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 01:29 PM

Congrats on the win, Ben.

#5 Leroy

Leroy

I Coon, Therefore I Am...

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 01:38 PM

Congrats on the win, Ben.

:lol: The classic BG patented "Halftime Congrats on the Win." Now I truly know the season has started.

SoCal, yeah, I have no clue why the Eagles were giving points either...maybe I could see a push because Atlanta hasn't exactly been trashing people...but the Eagles giving pints? Just shows the stupidity of the betting public.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Why we gotta treat the anus with so much nonchalance?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#6 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 01:56 PM

:lol: The classic BG patented "Halftime Congrats on the Win." Now I truly know the season has started.

SoCal, yeah, I have no clue why the Eagles were giving points either...maybe I could see a push because Atlanta hasn't exactly been trashing people...but the Eagles giving pints? Just shows the stupidity of the betting public.

:shrug:

#7 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 02:03 PM

:shrug:

:cheerup: ...Brooklyn's gotta basketball team now, ya hear?

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#8 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 02:08 PM

What the hell?!?!?

Look at Bradford's numbers in this blowout...this is most impressive statline I've ever seen in a situation like that.

(They don't look good now...but at one point in this game he was 16-18, 159 yards or something like that, 1TD, 0INT...and they were losing by 28.)

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#9 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 02:33 PM

And I'm not just saying that out of anger. The Dolphins (and I'll need a shower after saying this) really impressed me today. They looked completely rejuvenated following their bye, have a very stout D, and top notch rushing attack. Matt Moore is better than any QB the Jets have. Philbin completely outcoached Ryan and his team just dominated them in all facets.

In any extremely weak AFC, I wouldn't be surprised if Miami sneaked in as a WC. Like I said, Ben, your guys deserved this one. Try not to rub in it too much ;)

#10 Ben6821

Ben6821

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 02:51 PM

And I'm not just saying that out of anger. The Dolphins (and I'll need a shower after saying this) really impressed me today. They looked completely rejuvenated following their bye, have a very stout D, and top notch rushing attack. Matt Moore is better than any QB the Jets have. Philbin completely outcoached Ryan and his team just dominated them in all facets.

In any extremely weak AFC, I wouldn't be surprised if Miami sneaked in as a WC. Like I said, Ben, your guys' deserved this one. Try not to rub in it too much ;)

yeah I wont lie and say I'm not enjoying this one thoroughly. adding to your comments, I don't want to say the word playoffs outloud but they've already exceeded what i expected for them this year as they appear to be on track for a 9-7 type of season and should be at least in the hunt. probably premture to say it but I'm completely sold on Philbin

If only things looked more favorable elsewhere in the division to go along with it but the patsies are running it up in Limeyland.

#11 Ben6821

Ben6821

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 02:54 PM

oh man I almost hope carolina comes back in this one...if I have to listen to one more Cam Newton "I want to castrate myself" postgamer I might have to commit a small act of arson as a means of venting

#12 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 03:00 PM

yeah I wont lie and say I'm not enjoying this one thoroughly. adding to your comments, I don't want to say the word playoffs outloud but they've already exceeded what i expected for them this year as they appear to be on track for a 9-7 type of season and should be at least in the hunt. probably premture to say it but I'm completely sold on Philbin

If only things looked more favorable elsewhere in the division to go along with it but the patsies are running it up in Limeyland.

GBU should be interesting. :yep:

#13 Ben6821

Ben6821

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 03:02 PM

indeed especially wityh all these photo finishes..(if SD can hit this long FG that would be 3 leaguewide 4th Q lead changes in about a 5 minute span of realtime)
er nevermind they went for it on 4th and 10 :scratch:

granted it would have been about a 60 yard attempt and of course hindsight is 20/20 but I think I'd have tried it

#14 Ben6821

Ben6821

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 03:07 PM

even jacksonville is giving the Pack about all they can handle. this is a good week so far.

#15 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted October 28 2012, 03:12 PM

Can't wait to hear what Cry Newton has to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online