#1 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 08 2012, 02:35 PM

If I was going to parlay...I would take
Indy, TB, Denver, Detroit, Atlanta, Seattle, and Pittsburgh

I know Indy hasn't won by a whole lot but Jackasonville....cumon!
TB at home seems like a lock against the Chargers.
Denver, Detroit and Atlanta on the road...how is Atlanta getting points again? Guess the guy running my NFL pool messed up the spread and gave Atlanta 2 points. Hmmm...
Seattle at home is always better than Seattle on the road but the Jets are one of those teams you just can't figure out how they put it together some Sundays. Seattle ftw.
The spread on the Pitt game seems a bit big until you remember they are playing the Cheifs...then you wonder how it is not bigger. In Pittsburgh on MNF. Come on...

I think Philly beats the Boys but I wouldn't bet on it.

"...In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." -Cliff Clavin

#2 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 08 2012, 02:38 PM

I like Pittsburgh, but I'm not sure how confident I am with them against the spread (-12) I see this as a 10 to 14 pt victory for the black and gold.

#3 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 08 2012, 02:41 PM

My lead pipe lock this week is Seattle to cover the 6 at home against the Jets. The only reason this spread isn't double digits is because the Jets are coming off their bye.

#4 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 08 2012, 02:52 PM

I wouldn't touch the Philly/Dallas game, either. We have no idea which version of those teams will show up.

As far as Seattle and the Jets, you have to like the Seahawks, but the Jets are a tough nut to crack. They have been known to fire out of standing 8-counts before and look like world beaters. I like Seattle, but I could see (drum roll, for Stig's benefit) the Jets coming out a head.
Posted Image

#5 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 08 2012, 03:00 PM

OK, there are several concensus picks this week by the so called experts, which USUALLy means an upset or two. Of these games which one is the under dog most likely to come out on top?

Indy @ Jax

Tenn @ Miami

Buffalo @ New England

Denver @ Carolina

Oakland @ Baltimore

Jets @ Seattle

St. Louis @ San Fran

KC @ Pittsburgh

Statistically over the past 3 or 4 seasons, the #s show that 2 of the underdogs this week will win.

#6 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 08 2012, 03:06 PM

OK, there are several concensus picks this week by the so called experts, which USUALLy means an upset or two. Of these games which one is the under dog most likely to come out on top?

Indy @ Jax

Tenn @ Miami

Buffalo @ New England

Denver @ Carolina

Oakland @ Baltimore

Jets @ Seattle

St. Louis @ San Fran

KC @ Pittsburgh

Statistically over the past 3 or 4 seasons, the #s show that 2 of the underdogs this week will win.

I just don't see it happening. If I had to pick, it would be Oakland with a Pittsburgh like game but with them not at home...I just don't see it.
Buffalo could get the Pats a run, St. Louis...eh, maybe. Sideshow could be right about the Jets but again I don't see it.
Guess I go with the Bills or Rams.
Yep, I know...crazy talk since they are both huge underdogs this week.

"...In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." -Cliff Clavin

#7 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 08 2012, 10:07 PM

Although I doubt many of you are watching this Thursday night game, but the Jags are getting screwed with bad calls. It's not as if the Colts need the help.

#8 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 10 2012, 11:11 AM

denver at carolina is a tempting target too. The panthers seem to be playing with dry wood and flint

if I'm arranging them from most to least likely upset (omiting Jax since its played already but in a feeble attempt to ignore the hindsight of already knowing they got their asses handed to them I think I'd have put them somewhere in the middle) heres how I'd do it

Panthers
Bills
Titans
Raiders
Rams
Jets
Chiefs

#9 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 11 2012, 05:47 PM

So Vick out with a concussion. Let the Foles era begin.

#10 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 11 2012, 07:03 PM

So Vick out with a concussion. Let the Foles era begin.

and as quickly as it begins it is over...

premature statement? maybe, but getting punked in the eye by Tony Romo and his band of merry men isn't something you just walk away from.

thats like getting your ass kicked on the playground by strawberry shortcake

#11 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 11 2012, 08:09 PM

Fuck sticks

#12 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 11 2012, 08:13 PM

Yay...a tie! We certainly didn't deserve a win.

#13 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 11 2012, 08:44 PM

and as quickly as it begins it is over...

premature statement? maybe, but getting punked in the eye by Tony Romo and his band of merry men isn't something you just walk away from.

thats like getting your ass kicked on the playground by strawberry shortcake

Foles had the pick 6, yeah, but from what I saw, he didn't look THAT bad. There were glimmers and flashes here and there.

#14 BG

BG
  • Admin
  • 16,642 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 11 2012, 08:52 PM

Foles had the pick 6, yeah, but from what I saw, he didn't look THAT bad. There were glimmers and flashes here and there.

Agreed. Foles is still raw, but in his limited action showed more pocket presence and awareness than Vick.

#15 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 11 2012, 09:10 PM

At this point, what do the Eagles have to lose? Unless Reid is just stubborn enough to say that if he is going out, he is going out with Vick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online