• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2012, 03:52 PM

Thursday night should be a good game this week...shoot out between the Falcon and the Saints. I am going Falcons at home.

Help me here...New England on the road and somewhere around 7.5 point favorites over Miami. Houston on the road and around 4.5 point favorites against Tennessee. That just seems odd to me.
I think Miami is going to give the Pats a run for their money and might even pull the upset. I don't give Tennessee a shot in hell of beating the Texans. Am I way off base? What am I missing...

Seattle on the road again...I don't think this will be their first (busted by Stig) second road victory.

Maybe the guy who runs my football pool screwed up again but how are the Jets favored over anybody? Yes, I know it's Zona...but really?

Big question, will Big Ben start at Baltimore for the Steelers...if not, I don't give Pittsburgh much chance of winning this one.

I just saw the Eagles released Babin...what a change from one year to the next, in a player. Shame...
Anyway, you thought the Monday night game coulda been bad last night...wait till this Sunday night...sheesh. Who can fuck up in that game more? Someone call for tirage!

I will also go with Cincinnati, Giants, SF, and Carolina FTW.
Upset pick is Tampa Bay.

"...In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." -Cliff Clavin

#2 skins_fan_since_cradle

skins_fan_since_cradle

If you're not first, you're last!

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2012, 04:14 PM

where jim washburn goes, so does jason babin.

#3 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2012, 04:44 PM

Seattle already has a road victory, for the record. And every single road game they've had has been down to the wire. They've just been "un-clutch" on the road as a whole team. Usually, it's been one unit or the other that's figuratively dropped the ball on the road (offense against St. Louis, defense against Detroit, as examples). Against the Dolphins, it was both, to a degree. Our corners were good and our QB was good. Our middle of the field defense/LBers and our lines were bad.

If Seattle ever has solid execution from both sides of the ball, I don't think there's anyone they can't beat, regardless of venue.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#4 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2012, 04:57 PM

Seattle already has a road victory, for the record. And every single road game they've had has been down to the wire. They've just been "un-clutch" on the road as a whole team. Usually, it's been one unit or the other that's figuratively dropped the ball on the road (offense against St. Louis, defense against Detroit, as examples). Against the Dolphins, it was both, to a degree. Our corners were good and our QB was good. Our middle of the field defense/LBers and our lines were bad.

If Seattle ever has solid execution from both sides of the ball, I don't think there's anyone they can't beat, regardless of venue.

Sorry, forgot about the win in Carolina.
I know the others have been close losses on the road...largest margin being 7 points. I will edit my original statement.

"...In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But, naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." -Cliff Clavin

#5 Philly Pride

Philly Pride

child please

• Members
  • 32,122 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2012, 04:58 PM

Looks like they'll be without two of their best players though, stig.

Thank god Babin is gone
Posted Image

#6 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2012, 05:39 PM

Thank god Babin is gone

I heard that the NFL won't hear their appeal this week, so their suspension won't start this weekend.

#7 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 28 2012, 09:06 AM

Yeah, as SoCal pointed out, Sherman and Browner are both going to play at Chicago. Whatever shakes out after that is anyone's guess. There has been precedent for one of these suspensions being overturned this season already, so I guess it depends on the facts/arguments presented in the appeal.

If the appeal fails, I hope they go ahead and just do the suspensions for the final 4 games. It's not exactly a murderer's row of WRs we'll be facing in the final 4 games, and that would allow Sherman and Browner to return for the playoffs, if Seattle makes it. And if not, the Seahawks don't start next season down two players early in the season.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#8 SoCal

SoCal
  • Members
  • 3,684 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 30 2012, 03:18 PM

Looks like Ben is out against the Ravens...ouch
http://msn.foxsports...e-ravens-113012
PITTSBURGH (AP)

Ben Roethlisberger will not play Sunday in Baltimore, meaning Charlie Batch will make his second consecutive start at quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Roethlisberger threw briefly early in practice Friday but was in a sweat suit watching by the time practice ended. He will miss a third consecutive game since sustaining a sprained right shoulder and a dislocated rib in a 16-13 win against Kansas City Nov. 12.
The Steelers (6-5) lost each of the first two games Roethlisberger missed, including two weeks ago at home to the rival Ravens (9-2). Batch, 37, then threw three interceptions in a 20-14 loss in Cleveland.
Also ruled out for the Ravens game is linebacker LaMarr Woodley. Guard Willie Colon is listed as questionable, but the Steelers will welcome back receiver Antonio Brown and safety Troy Polamalu. The Pro Bowl standouts practiced all week and are officially listed as probable.

#9 skins_fan_since_cradle

skins_fan_since_cradle

If you're not first, you're last!

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 30 2012, 03:50 PM

didn't think that cincy-pitt game was going to have big implications in the playoff race at the beginning of the season. baltimore's got this division locked up.

#10 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 02 2012, 01:28 PM

ugh miami needs a score on this drive to have any hope of not getting flat out crushed. early on this has the feel of one of those games where the missed NE field goal could be Miami's lone highlight of the game.

#11 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 02 2012, 02:49 PM

Been flipping back and forth between NE/Mia and GB/Minn. SOme observations.

The officiating crew in the Miami game is the worst in the league. They did the Pitts/Clev game last week. They call EVERY borderline holding and it disrupts the flow of the game.

The GB game is a much better watch right now. My question for Packer fans, are the Packers receiving corp that bad, or is the VIkings DF that good, or is Rodgers worried about his completion %? I've seen him throw about 5 balls on time this game, the rest have been scrambles hoping something opens up. And Adrian Peterson is climbing the MVP race ladder IMO. That guy is the best in football.

#12 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 02 2012, 02:55 PM

The way the Panthers defense has been playing in KC, they may need to schedule a team meeting in the parking lot of Arrowhead. I'm reminded of McKay's answer when asked about the execution of his team.

They are making Brady Quinn look like Joe Montana. It is more a coverage issue than anything, but the pressure on the QB has been pretty inconsistent, too.

#13 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 02 2012, 02:59 PM

I guess we should all be thankful for not having to watch the Jets Cardinals game.

#14 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 02 2012, 03:02 PM

I guess we should all be thankful for not having to watch the Jets Cardinals game.

I really like a good defensive game. Why is it that, despite the score, I think I probably would not be thrilled with that one?

#15 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 02 2012, 03:08 PM

There is a difference between defensive battles and total offensive shittiness. THe Cardinals third string QB has completed 23% of his passes. He's making Charlie Batch look good. And Sanchez, two of his three picks were terrible throws.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online