100 replies to this topic

#31 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 08:22 AM

Absolutely no doubt that playing at Seattle after facing the Pats in Foxboro was a tall, tall order.

Just like having to face the Pats in Seattle and then travel to face the 49ers on 4 days rest was tall.

Still, I am a very happy Seahawks fan tonight. Won't love the overreactions, but I do love that this team is getting hot at the right time. Oh, and that entire playoff clinching thingy.

Just like playing the Giants and Seahawks in four days was tall.

#32 Leroy

Leroy

I Coon, Therefore I Am...

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 08:52 AM

Hey the Seahawks have at least beaten someone. That's more than the Falcons can say.

I'm sorry but if Denver isn't 'someone', then San Francisco is dogshit.

Again, funny how all this College Football Logic applies to the NFC West. :scratch:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Why we gotta treat the anus with so much nonchalance?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#33 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 09:22 AM

Again, funny how all this College Football Logic applies to the NFC West. :scratch:

Denver not only is "someone," I think you have to like their chances of emerging from the AFC playoffs. Everybody else has shown the ability to melt down or have one unit of their team melt down and take the rest with them. I'm not saying they will be the AFC representative, but their downside seems harder to isolate and exploit, and playoff games often come down to that.

#34 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 09:26 AM

Denver not only is "someone," I think you have to like their chances of emerging from the AFC playoffs. Everybody else has shown the ability to melt down or have one unit of their team melt down and take the rest with them. I'm not saying they will be the AFC representative, but their downside seems harder to isolate and exploit, and playoff games often come down to that.

Mmmhmmm. When in doubt, listen to the Oldest White Man In The Room*, that's what I live by. :yep:

*and yes, I DID just capitilize all that, like it's an official title or something

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#35 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 09:35 AM

Denver in week 2 is not the same as Denver now. You and Stooge both know this.

#36 skins_fan_since_cradle

skins_fan_since_cradle

If you're not first, you're last!

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 09:35 AM

if the pats have to go to denver in rd 2 i really like denver's chances at home.

#37 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 09:52 AM

Denver in week 2 is not the same as Denver now. You and Stooge both know this.

Based on what? That pundit talk? Here's the bottom line. Look at Denver's schedule. Who have they beaten? I really don't know...one thing I do know though, they've lost three games, ALL of them to teams that are looking like playoff byes (well, the Pats probalby won't have a bye, but they are still damn good). That early in season/late in the season bullshit doesn't fly if the losses are consistently to the best. Denver has beaten every non elite team they've faced. They've lost to every elite team they've faced. Yet Denver is looked at as being the massive primate with the large mechanical cutting device for a reproductive organ. :shrug:

Again, if Denver isn't 'someone,' the Niners are irrefutably utter dogcrap.

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#38 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:02 AM

Based on what? That pundit talk? Here's the bottom line. Look at Denver's schedule. Who have they beaten? I really don't know...one thing I do know though, they've lost three games, ALL of them to teams that are looking like playoff byes. That early in season/late in the season bullshit doesn't fly if the losses are consistently to the best. Denver has beaten every non elite team they've faced. They've lost to every elite team they've faced. Yet Denver is looked at as being the massive primate with the large mechanical cutting device for a reproductive organ. :shrug:

Again, if Denver isn't 'someone,' the Niners are irrefutably utter dogcrap.

But that's all an argument against Denver being "someone" isn't it? That said, it's not "pundit talk" to say that Peyton Manning, in his second week back after being gone for an entire year, in his second week with an entirely new team and offense, was NOT the same player he is now. Are you kidding me with this?

I guess by your logic the Seahawks are playing just as well now as they were two months ago. Same for the Giants. Same for the Bears. Same for the Cards.

#39 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:18 AM

Just like playing the Giants and Seahawks in four days was tall.

It was. But it helps a lot that they were both home games, doesn't it?

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#40 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:20 AM

But that's all an argument against Denver being "someone" isn't it? That said, it's not "pundit talk" to say that Peyton Manning, in his second week back after being gone for an entire year, in his second week with an entirely new team and offense, was NOT the same player he is now. Are you kidding me with this?

I guess by your logic the Seahawks are playing just as well now as they were two months ago. Same for the Giants. Same for the Bears. Same for the Cards.

I love when you double down on it! :lol: What was wrong with Peyton Manning against the Steelers #1 ranked defense in Week 1? I mean, did his shoulder wake up that week and then go back to sleep for Atlanta? What about Oakland, when he went for 338 yards and 3 TD's? He must've forgot the cortisone shot the following week against New England, but every game after that "Oh, Peyton's ALL THE WAY BACK now!" Really? :facepalm:

...here's the deal, the Denver Broncos have lost to three teams with an aggregate winning percentage of 80%. The winning percentage of the teams they have beaten is laughably lower. If you took their schedule and reversed the order that they've played their games in with the exact same results...they would still be 12-3, with losses to who is probably the three best other teams in the league, but the pundits would be talking about how they are struggling late, and haven't beaten an elite team. It's ridiculous.They only lost to the best in a 15 game schedule to this point. It wasn't because of Peyton's shoulder or gelling and all that bullshit, it was because you look a lot better playing the AFC West and the AFC North than you do playing Atlanta, Houston, and the Pats. If anything, this isn't a 'Well, Denver hasn't beaten anyone' argument as much as it is pointing out the stupidity in saying San Francisco is someone when Atlanta has beaten a Denver squad, who, unlike San Francisco, hasn't lost or tied a crappy, high draft pick team or had the dogcrap beaten out of them by a middling team like the Giants.

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#41 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:29 AM

I love when you double down on it! :lol: What was wrong with Peyton Manning against the Steelers #1 ranked defense in Week 1? I mean, did his shoulder wake up that week and then go back to sleep for Atlanta? What about Oakland, when he went for 338 yards and 3 TD's? He must've forgot the cortisone shot the following week against New England, but every game after that "Oh, Peyton's ALL THE WAY BACK now!" Really? :facepalm:

...here's the deal, the Denver Broncos have lost to three teams with an aggregate winning percentage of 80%. The winning percentage of the teams they have beaten is laughably lower. If you took their schedule and reversed the order that they've played their games in with the exact same results...they would still be 12-3, with losses to who is probably the three best other teams in the league, but the pundits would be talking about how they are struggling late, and haven't beaten an elite team. It's ridiculous.They only lost to the best in a 15 game schedule to this point. It wasn't because of Peyton's shoulder or gelling and all that bullshit, it was because you look a lot better playing the AFC West and the AFC North than you do playing Atlanta, Houston, and the Pats. If anything, this isn't a 'Well, Denver hasn't beaten anyone' argument as much as it is pointing out the stupidity in saying San Francisco is someone when Atlanta has beaten a Denver squad, who, unlike San Francisco, hasn't lost or tied a crappy, high draft pick team or had the dogcrap beaten out of them by a middling team like the Giants.

The same Steelers that just got eliminated from the playoffs by the Bengals...those Steelers?

#42 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:36 AM

The same Steelers that just got eliminated from the playoffs by the Bengals...those Steelers?

Yeah, Denver BEAT those guys...and San Fran lost got curbstomped by a similar opponent in the Giants. Hey man, stop doubling down back to back on a losing bet! It gets you nowhere! :lol:

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#43 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:38 AM

It was. But it helps a lot that they were both home games, doesn't it?

Sure it helps. But the 49ers had to deal with the short week as well and it's not like the Hawks had to travel three time zones to get to SF.

#44 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:46 AM

Hell, as a matter of fact, that same Pittsburgh team that "just got eliminated from the playoffs by the Bengals," beat the same Giants AT New York that curbstomped the Niners AT SAN FRAN. :lol:

You see what happens when you double down on losing bets? Now stop it. :nono:

Just say you were remiss in saying that Atlanta hasn't beaten anyone and Seattle has. Why is that so hard?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#45 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 24 2012, 10:48 AM

Yeah, Denver BEAT those guys...and San Fran lost got curbstomped by a similar opponent in the Giants. Hey man, stop doubling down back to back on a losing bet! It gets you nowhere! :lol:

Are you seriously just playing stupid here? The Giants were the most wildly inconsistent team in the league this year. In between curbstomping the 49ers and the Packers, they also got their asses beat by the Bengals. They lost to the Eagles, the Steelers and got utterly dominated by the Ravens who had just lost three in a row, were playing like shit, just fired their offensive coordinator, and were on the verge of winking out of the playoff picture all together. The Giants are not the team I would be using to back my point in anything. But of course, now you're point to that as the Falcons' signature victory. Of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online