100 replies to this topic

#91 Leroy

Leroy

I Coon, Therefore I Am...

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 13 2013, 11:42 AM

What? That was an incoherent mess. That's what happens when you try and deconstruct everything. Pretty soon you're arguing over nothing and shouting in bullet points.

Let's focus this up a bit.

-What was the argument from the beginning? The Falcons have beaten no one. Their SOS is 24th in the league. They have two signature wins. One is over the Giants, who obviously have the talent and when they have will, can be dominant. Anyone who can beat the dog crap out of the Niners in SF and throttle the Packers by 4 touchdowns has that ability. But clearly at this point they're imploding and, despite a couple of games where they snapped out of it to beat the aforementioned Packers and Saints, have been imploding for a couple of months now. There isn't a rational person who's watched this team over past few weeks that would say otherwise. If you're going to argue THAT then stop reading, please. You're hopeless.

The other win is over the Broncos. What has been my argument from the beginning about them? They aren't the same team now both offensively and defensively as they were in week 2. That's pretty irrefutable. You've been given evidence and you've been given counter evidence to your retort of "Well it couldn't have anything to do with the other teams, could it?" even though I agreed that played a role before you even said it. Once again, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE that a quarterback in Peyton Manning's situation could be as good in week 2 as he is in week 16. You know this. Stop arguing this. Like you said earlier, admit you said something stupid and let's move on.

And while we're on the Broncos...Ok so if your point is the Broncos are really good, they just lost to good teams, then why should I take them seriously in the first place? Aren't they just the AFC version of the Falcons? Who have they beaten? What have they proven beyond beating weak competition and losing to the only good teams they've played? If they are the same pretty good team they've always been, why should the Texans and the Pats worry about them? It's pretty clear the Broncos can't stop either team. It's not like they've improved since their last meetings, right?

You are wondering why the Falcons aren't getting respect. They haven't earned it. All their 13-2 record tells me is that they can beat a bunch of mostly shitty teams. Great. What the fuck does that tell us? How am I supposed to take this and their disasterous recent playoff history and declare they're awesome? "Things are different now...they're playing with focus and determination...and...and they're so much better at defense...and...and...Matt Ryan is so poised now.” Well they may be all these things but the last time I saw them play a game that truly mattered they were tubs of goo in the opening round of last year’s playoffs. Say what you will about the 49ers or Seahawks. I agree that people get too wrapped up in the flavor of the week. But at least these teams have done something. What on the Falcons 2012 resume comes close the 49ers road wins at Green Bay and New England? What comes close to what the Seahawks did on Sunday? Name a road win as good as the Seahawks victory in Chicago. Hell, if the Giants somehow made it to the playoffs I would bet on them before the Falcons. As psychotic as they are, I know they can beat anyone if they’re focused. I can’t say that about the Falcons. Nobody can…not yet.

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

I swear, you guys....and all your ridiculous Ayn Rand football philosophies. "THEY'RE SO DIFFERENT, LEROY!!!" "How so? They've been beating shit teams since week one, and they lost to every good team they faced. How can we tell?" "WELL, FUCK, LEROY!!! YOU CAN JUST TELL, PEYTONDAMMIT!!! WEEK 1 ISN'T WEEK 17!" "Ok, how can you tell?" "DUUUHHH, PEYTON DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO INTIMATELY KNOW HIS PERSONNEL IN EACH AND EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE! THAT'S WHY ATLANTA BEAT THEM! HE DIDN'T COMPLETE THE TEAM WIDE ANAL INSPECTIONS YET!!" "Ok, so why did he look dominant against the Steelers and the Raiders?" "DAMMIT, LEROY! THEY WERE THE STEELERS AND THE RAIDERS! DON'T YOU JUST GET IT?!?!? WEEK 17 IS DIFFERENT FROM WEEK 1!!!" "Well, wouldn't that apply for every team?" "STOP PLAYING DUMB LEROY! YOU KNOW THE BRONCOS ARE DIFFERENT!" "No we don't, they didn't play anyone during this winning streak. They did the same thing they did all year since week 1...beat the teams they were supposed to beat." "OH GOD, LEROY, NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING AN DUMBASS FOR THE SAKE OF IT. WEEK 17 SOMEHOW INHERENTLY CHANGES THE CHEMICAL PROPERTIES THAT COMPOSES THE MAKEUP OF A FOOTBALL TEAM! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!"

I swear...you guys. Hilarious at times. :thumbsup:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Why we gotta treat the anus with so much nonchalance?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#92 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 11:40 AM

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

I swear, you guys....and all your ridiculous Ayn Rand football philosophies. "THEY'RE SO DIFFERENT, LEROY!!!" "How so? They've been beating shit teams since week one, and they lost to every good team they faced. How can we tell?" "WELL, FUCK, LEROY!!! YOU CAN JUST TELL, PEYTONDAMMIT!!! WEEK 1 ISN'T WEEK 17!" "Ok, how can you tell?" "DUUUHHH, PEYTON DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO INTIMATELY KNOW HIS PERSONNEL IN EACH AND EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE! THAT'S WHY ATLANTA BEAT THEM! HE DIDN'T COMPLETE THE TEAM WIDE ANAL INSPECTIONS YET!!" "Ok, so why did he look dominant against the Steelers and the Raiders?" "DAMMIT, LEROY! THEY WERE THE STEELERS AND THE RAIDERS! DON'T YOU JUST GET IT?!?!? WEEK 17 IS DIFFERENT FROM WEEK 1!!!" "Well, wouldn't that apply for every team?" "STOP PLAYING DUMB LEROY! YOU KNOW THE BRONCOS ARE DIFFERENT!" "No we don't, they didn't play anyone during this winning streak. They did the same thing they did all year since week 1...beat the teams they were supposed to beat." "OH GOD, LEROY, NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING AN DUMBASS FOR THE SAKE OF IT. WEEK 17 SOMEHOW INHERENTLY CHANGES THE CHEMICAL PROPERTIES THAT COMPOSES THE MAKEUP OF A FOOTBALL TEAM! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!"

I swear...you guys. Hilarious at times. :thumbsup:

Oh, so you respond to this after the Falcons win and three weeks later? Very courageous.

#93 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 02:18 PM

Oh, so you respond to this after the Falcons win and three weeks later? Very courageous.

Again...we're talking about Denver. DENVER. DENVER....and unless my timestamps are messed up, this was clearly posted before the Falcons' game.

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#94 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 02:27 PM

Again...we're talking about Denver. DENVER. DENVER....and unless my timestamps are messed up, this was clearly posted before the Falcons' game.

Sorry, my bad. Still, very courageous.

#95 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 02:32 PM

Sorry, my bad. Still, very courageous.

I mean, it is past week 17...should'n't Peyton have morphed into this half man, half beacon of pure light energy by now? I mean, he got sooooo much better from Week 1 where he was having passing games of 125+ ratings. Did he hit his head and develop amnesia? I thought he was super duper oper familiar with his personnel by now? :scratch:

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#96 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 03:04 PM

I mean, it is past week 17...should'n't Peyton have morphed into this half man, half beacon of pure light energy by now? I mean, he got sooooo much better from Week 1 where he was having passing games of 125+ ratings. Did he hit his head and develop amnesia? I thought he was super duper oper familiar with his personnel by now? :scratch:

When did I say he was going to do that or he was doing that?

Is this what debating you is going to be now? You make up shit and I wonder what the fuck you're talking about?

#97 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 09:28 PM

When did I say he was going to do that or he was doing that?

Is this what debating you is going to be now? You make up shit and I wonder what the fuck you're talking about?

Nawww, motherfucker, you don't get to play dumb. You said it was OBVIOUS that he was a better player now and Denver was a better team now than they were when they were losing to Atlanta, Houston, and NE. You had nothing concrete to add to that which couldn't be directly tied into the level of competition they were facing. Well, if he got so much better, what the fuck happened on Saturday?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#98 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 09:51 PM

Nawww, motherfucker, you don't get to play dumb. You said it was OBVIOUS that he was a better player now and Denver was a better team now than they were when they were losing to Atlanta, Houston, and NE. You had nothing concrete to add to that which couldn't be directly tied into the level of competition they were facing. Well, if he got so much better, what the fuck happened on Saturday?

He stopped throwing downfield for one thing. I don't know if the cold weather affected him or what. But the deep balls, like the one he threw to Decker in the first Bal/Den game were not there. Flacco may not be the most accurate dude but at least the bombs keep the opposing defenses honest. The lack of a deep threat made the game a lot easier for Baltimore to defend.

As for the differences between week 2 and week 16. I went over that already. And you saw fit to not answer that until you felt like you had something else to crow about, which was actually nothing at all.

#99 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 10:14 PM

He stopped throwing downfield for one thing. I don't know if the cold weather affected him or what. But the deep balls, like the one he threw to Decker in the first Bal/Den game were not there. Flacco may not be the most accurate dude but at least the bombs keep the opposing defenses honest. The lack of a deep threat made the game a lot easier for Baltimore to defend.

As for the differences between week 2 and week 16. I went over that already. And you saw fit to not answer that until you felt like you had something else to crow about, which was actually nothing at all.

Might just be because Baltimore didn't leave too many openings on that deep ball. Again, excuses...you "don't know if it was the weather or what..." :facepalm:

Flacco kept throwing the deep ball because his receivers kept running by Denver DB's.

Fucking joke you are. Double facepalm. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#100 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2013, 11:14 PM

Might just be because Baltimore didn't leave too many openings on that deep ball. Again, excuses...you "don't know if it was the weather or what..." :facepalm:

Flacco kept throwing the deep ball because his receivers kept running by Denver DB's.

Fucking joke you are. Double facepalm. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sure because the openings were there the first time these two played, I mean why even try to throw downfield the next time?

Or maybe Denver was just playing to level of it's competition. That seems to be something you can understand.

#101 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 15 2013, 01:20 AM

Sure because the openings were there the first time these two played, I mean why even try to throw downfield the next time?

Or maybe Denver was just playing to level of it's competition. That seems to be something you can understand.

Noooo, how about we stick to fact here, instead of that weak ass supposition you like to present as having some insight...point out at least two plays where the Broncos had a deep man open and Peyton didn't attempt to throw it to him, despite having time to. If you can't do that, then guess the fuck what? THEY WEREN'T OPEN.

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online