• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 05 2013, 09:38 PM

So, I'm sitting here at half time of the GB/Minn game and wanted to give some thoughts.

First the Cincy/ Houston game.

I should of known that Marvin Lewis would lay his normal egg.

Andy Dalton is an average QB, he had Green for the go ahead TD on that last drive and missed him. THAT's how you elevate yourself as a QB.

The Texans O-line did a great job at handling the very good Cincy D-line. I don't think Schaub picked himself off the ground once in this game.

Based on the letter of the law, Houston should have been whistled for a roughing penalty for a hit to the head to a defenless AJ Green. I'm kinda glad they didn't call it, but it should have been called under the new rules.

As far as GB/Minn

Tony Dungy almost had me sold on Webb starting this game. Mainly because I don't think very highly of Ponder, but now that they are down by 14, this game is over. He doesn't have the ability nor does the Minnesota OF to come back in a game like this.

#2 Zerve

Zerve
  • Members
  • 2,053 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 05 2013, 09:46 PM

So, I'm sitting here at half time of the GB/Minn game and wanted to give some thoughts.

First the Cincy/ Houston game.

I should of known that Marvin Lewis would lay his normal egg.

Andy Dalton is an average QB, he had Green for the go ahead TD on that last drive and missed him. THAT's how you elevate yourself as a QB.

The Texans O-line did a great job at handling the very good Cincy D-line. I don't think Schaub picked himself off the ground once in this game.

Based on the letter of the law, Houston should have been whistled for a roughing penalty for a hit to the head to a defenless AJ Green. I'm kinda glad they didn't call it, but it should have been called under the new rules.

As far as GB/Minn

Tony Dungy almost had me sold on Webb starting this game. Mainly because I don't think very highly of Ponder, but now that they are down by 14, this game is over. He doesn't have the ability nor does the Minnesota OF to come back in a game like this.

Cincy was never in that game but it was so close its ridiculous. If Dalton hits Green they probably win. Houston doesn't go any further.
Webb is so bad. Ponder isn't great either but I am sure he would have the Vikings in this a little more. Webb has just missed so many open receivers.
Smith the safety for the Vikings. Becoming a favourite player with the way he is flying into tackles.

7th Sign

#3 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,523 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 01:53 PM

Baltimore better get their shit together here in a hurry or they will lose this game.

there is no way a winning team should walk away from those two drives with only 3 points.

#4 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 02:03 PM

1) Houston and Cincy played pretty much the exact game I thought they would. That does not increase my confidence in the Texans. To dominate that game the way they did and win by less than one score says a lot. They were one big mistake (made) and one overthrown pass from a loss despite the huge advantage elsewhere.

2) The Vikings showed why they were not a playoff team last night, just a team with a playoff running back. Sure, Ponder was out, but do we really think he would have made much of a difference? The game was over when the Packer drove down the field in 3.7 seconds for a touchdown in the last minute of the first half.

More to come, but I agree with Bn's comment. The Ravens are setting themselves up here to lose this game on one play somewhere. As I write this, they have 38:00 to change that.

#5 Leroy

Leroy

I Coon, Therefore I Am...

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 02:06 PM

1) Houston and Cincy played pretty much the exact game I thought they would. That does not increase my confidence in the Texans. To dominate that game the way they did and win by less than one score says a lot. They were one big mistake (made) and one overthrown pass from a loss despite the huge advantage elsewhere.

2) The Vikings showed why they were not a playoff team last night, just a team with a playoff running back. Sure, Ponder was out, but do we really think he would have made much of a difference? The game was over when the Packer drove down the field in 3.7 seconds for a touchdown in the last minute of the first half.

More to come, but I agree with Bn's comment. The Ravens are setting themselves up here to lose this game on one play somewhere. As I write this, they have 38:00 to change that.

Nice. I disagree about the Texans though...Cincy is better than people give them credit for, it's just that people are so used to seeing them play shitty, the stigma (or should I say stench) has yet to leave perception.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Why we gotta treat the anus with so much nonchalance?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#6 Philly Pride

Philly Pride

child please

• Members
  • 32,122 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 03:11 PM

I think it doesn't matter who comes out of the wildcard round for the AFC, as the Broncos and Patriots are both clearly superior than the Texans, Colts and Ravens
Posted Image

#7 Leroy

Leroy

I Coon, Therefore I Am...

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 04:49 PM

Quiet everybody...I'm watching "The most complete team in football" :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Why we gotta treat the anus with so much nonchalance?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#8 BoonDr

BoonDr

Dumb Lucky M-Fer

• Global Mod
  • 5,202 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 06:56 PM

If Seattle loses this game they have no one but themselves to blame
PROUD MEMBER OF THE H2H "OLD GUARD"
"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?"
Una Salus Victus Nullam Sperare Salutem. The only hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.

#9 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 07:22 PM

I am sitting here scratching my head. For the life of me, I do not understand how the Redskins offensive playcalling did not change dramatically when RGIII reinjured knee. It takes a special brand of idiocy to have continue to call read options with a QB limping around out there. It was Pantheresque play calling.

#10 Philly Pride

Philly Pride

child please

• Members
  • 32,122 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 07:28 PM

I am sitting here scratching my head. For the life of me, I do not understand how the Redskins offensive playcalling did not change dramatically when RGIII reinjured knee. It takes a special brand of idiocy to have continue to call read options with a QB limping around out there. It was Pantheresque play calling.

Equally as dumb is the fact that Rex Grossman was deactivated from the roster. Yeah, I know Rex Grossman is nothing special, but the fact that you have an already gimpy QB, if Cousins goes down, who do you have?
Posted Image

#11 Philly Pride

Philly Pride

child please

• Members
  • 32,122 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 07:32 PM

Also, unlike MM, I don't think Richard Sherman is a punk, but I do think Brandon Browner on the other hand has some punkisk qualities
Posted Image

#12 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 07:38 PM

Also, unlike MM, I don't think Richard Sherman is a punk, but I do think Brandon Browner on the other hand has some punkisk qualities

Yeah, I didn't really care much about this game either way (not inherently being a Redskins fan, living in the DC area for 9 years, and listening to Redskins fans will do that to a person), but it seemed like every time they showed Browner I was asking myself "how is that not a 15 yarder?" He's one of those guys you are tempted to send the TE out after with instructions to knock him into Tuesday.

#13 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 07:39 PM

Equally as dumb is the fact that Rex Grossman was deactivated from the roster. Yeah, I know Rex Grossman is nothing special, but the fact that you have an already gimpy QB, if Cousins goes down, who do you have?

I would rather use a shopping cart with a mannequin torso inside it than Rex Grossman.

#14 Philly Pride

Philly Pride

child please

• Members
  • 32,122 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 07:47 PM

I would rather use a shopping cart with a mannequin torso inside it than Rex Grossman.

But you'd rather use Rex Grossman than Pierre Garcon
Posted Image

#15 Cats

Cats

Yes we Cam!

• Members
  • 19,041 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 06 2013, 08:31 PM

That it was...

Skins should of lined up and really focused on using Morris. Before the game I might of debated his rookie season was actually more impressive than RGIII. None of the flash and he isn't a sexy runner....but he should of been THE game plan at one point. I also though they should of sat RGIII at one point. Cousins can play. Even if RGIII finished that game....I was convinced him finishing it would 100% rule him out the next week. Every down looked to be getting worse IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online