41 replies to this topic

#31 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 07 2013, 05:08 PM

Yeah, I like my team's matchup next week a lot better than your team's matchup. I still don't trust the GB defense, but Rodgers scares the hell out of me, and with GB's WR corps as healthy as they've been in a long while, well, ouch.

I still think SF can win this game, absolutely. In fact, I admit that I'm rooting for the 49ers this week. I'd much rather go to face SF a third time this season than face GB at Lambeau

I honestly have no idea what to even make of your match up mostly because I have no idea what to make of Atlanta.

#32 Leroy

Leroy

I Coon, Therefore I Am...

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 07 2013, 05:18 PM

Yeah, I like my team's matchup next week a lot better than your team's matchup. I still don't trust the GB defense, but Rodgers scares the hell out of me, and with GB's WR corps as healthy as they've been in a long while, well, ouch.

I still think SF can win this game, absolutely. In fact, I admit that I'm rooting for the 49ers this week. I'd much rather go to face SF a third time this season than face GB at Lambeau

You might not want to base your rooting for what team decision on that, seeing how 'your' season is ending on Sunday. In fact, if I were you, I'd root for Green Bay, that way the team that has the best chance of beating the team that ended 'your' season gets to go to Atlanta. :thumbsup:*

*Let's go ahead and get this ball rolling, with none of that cute "Good luck Leroy/Stig" bullshit as neither one of us would really mean it, nor will either one of our lives change should the laundry we root for lose. Although for at least three hours on Sunday, no matter how the score looks, I will be screaming "Fuck Seattle!" Should Seattle win, I will NOT be congratulating you for the win, as you had jack shit to do with it, and vice versa, should Atlanta win.

Glad we got all this out in the open before it got uncomfortably close to gametime. :beer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Why we gotta treat the anus with so much nonchalance?

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#33 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 07 2013, 08:00 PM

You might not want to base your rooting for what team decision on that, seeing how 'your' season is ending on Sunday. In fact, if I were you, I'd root for Green Bay, that way the team that has the best chance of beating the team that ended 'your' season gets to go to Atlanta. :thumbsup:*

*Let's go ahead and get this ball rolling, with none of that cute "Good luck Leroy/Stig" bullshit as neither one of us would really mean it, nor will either one of our lives change should the laundry we root for lose. Although for at least three hours on Sunday, no matter how the score looks, I will be screaming "Fuck Seattle!" Should Seattle win, I will NOT be congratulating you for the win, as you had jack shit to do with it, and vice versa, should Atlanta win.

Glad we got all this out in the open before it got uncomfortably close to gametime. :beer:

When did you become a Falcons fan? Did Ed Reed get traded? I could have sworn I saw him out on the field for Baltimore yesterday. So confused.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#34 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 07 2013, 08:40 PM

When did you become a Falcons fan? Did Ed Reed get traded? I could have sworn I saw him out on the field for Baltimore yesterday. So confused.

Julio Jones is from the SEC. :thumbsup:

Oh, Stooge would notice ta-tas. I always notice such things, even if I were evacuating a burning building with just seconds to spare. I would have noticed had I been running from the World Trade Center as it was collapsing. Might as well die with a smile on my face. I think the saying is take time to smell the roses!

4thStooge, on when it's appropriate to check out and mentally approve of a woman's womanly assets.

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#35 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 07 2013, 10:56 PM

Also, unlike MM, I don't think Richard Sherman is a punk, but I do think Brandon Browner on the other hand has some punkisk qualities

But Deangelo Hall takes the Gold medal for the BIGGEST punk of them all.

#36 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 07 2013, 10:59 PM

I agree on both counts.

IMO, once RGIII got hurt (or it got aggravated), they had two choices: Either adjust the game plan to minimize the need for RGIII to run (or even give the illusion of running, since it was about as much of a threat as play action is when you are down 35-10 with 8 minutes to go), or put Cousins in (which by default changes the game plan). Like you said, Cousins is not exactly chopped liver. Either way, that involves more Morris running. If Seattle adjusts, start throwing short passes. If they adjust, wing a few downfield to loosen it up.

It might not have worked. The Seahawks have a very good defense. But it was the best chance they had. Threatening them with something they knew they could no longer do was never going to work, and worse, trying to execute what they couldn't do just made life easier for the Seattle defense. Especially when they spent the entire third quarter starting drives inside their own 15. At that point they still led by a point and Seattle was refusing to take advantage of the field position and the Skins offense insistence on flailing away at an offensive scheme that was never going to do anything but keep pressure on their own defense. One six minute drive from back there, even if it led to no points, would have made a big difference.

I didn't realize we fired Chudzinski and the Skins picked him up this past week.

Watching that game, in the second half the only way I though the Skiins could win is if they never gave up the lead. I honestly thought as soon as I saw Lynch cross the goal line in the begiinning of 4th that it was game, set, match.

#37 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 07 2013, 11:45 PM

Julio Jones is from the SEC. :thumbsup:

Matters not. The Seahawks will punish the Falcons for how quickly they cut Lofa Tatupu.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#38 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 08 2013, 06:04 AM

Matters not. The Seahawks will punish the Falcons for how quickly they cut Lofa Tatupu.

The Falcons are still mad at the bill of goods that was sold by Tatupu and the team from British Columbia. :yep:

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#39 Leroy

Leroy

• Members
  • 36,423 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 11 2013, 05:04 PM

I know it's a bit old, but since I've heard no one say it, I will. RGIII's arrogant, coon attitude cost them that game. There's no way he doesn't know he's got some majorly fucked up shit in his knee. I truly believe he held on out there because he believed had Cousins come in there and led them to a win, Cousins would've probably been the starter for the remainder of the playoffs due to RGIII's knee, and RGIII couldn't take not getting the glory.

I mean, his comments, talking about the line of fire and all that dumb shit, reek of an arrogant, self centered fuck. His actions confirm it. I know he's young, and hopefully he can grow to learn from this, but he more than did his part to cost his team the game on Sunday, and what he did was nothing heroic. It was truly cowardice. He feared what might happen if Cousins gets his shot at the spotlight while he was forced to sit and watch. There, I said it.

Yeah, I don't like Bob, and I don't like Cam...if I keep hatting on black QB's, could I be the actual....Cornball Brother?!?!? :scratch:

Stigmata

GO GATA!!!

#40 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 11 2013, 10:35 PM

I know it's a bit old, but since I've heard no one say it, I will. RGIII's arrogant, coon attitude cost them that game. There's no way he doesn't know he's got some majorly fucked up shit in his knee. I truly believe he held on out there because he believed had Cousins come in there and led them to a win, Cousins would've probably been the starter for the remainder of the playoffs due to RGIII's knee, and RGIII couldn't take not getting the glory.

I mean, his comments, talking about the line of fire and all that dumb shit, reek of an arrogant, self centered fuck. His actions confirm it. I know he's young, and hopefully he can grow to learn from this, but he more than did his part to cost his team the game on Sunday, and what he did was nothing heroic. It was truly cowardice. He feared what might happen if Cousins gets his shot at the spotlight while he was forced to sit and watch. There, I said it.

Yeah, I don't like Bob, and I don't like Cam...if I keep hatting on black QB's, could I be the actual....Cornball Brother?!?!? :scratch:

You better watch yourself Stan the Man Hanson, you'll find yourself banned from this site and fired like your boy Parker on ESPN.

#41 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 12 2013, 10:28 AM

OK, if my nearly Monte Kiffin aged memory serves me correctly, here is the problem with the scheduling of the games this weekend (how did Seattle wind up playing at 1pm). I THINK the rotation has historically been that the conference (and network) that has the "early game" on Saturday, gets the late game on Sunday. I guess from a network perspective it makes since.

However (a word defined as "disregard everything before this word"), since the "early" game on Saturday is roughly the same time as the "late" game on Sunday, the obvious answer (assuming we are going to stick with the network rotation between the days) is to have the games involving Seattle and San Francisco both occupy the 4-4:30 starts, and Denver play Saturday night. The network slots are probably prearranged well in advance (like those look like they rotate between the years), so that is how we wind up with this mess.

#42 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 12 2013, 04:09 PM

OK, if my nearly Monte Kiffin aged memory serves me correctly, here is the problem with the scheduling of the games this weekend (how did Seattle wind up playing at 1pm). I THINK the rotation has historically been that the conference (and network) that has the "early game" on Saturday, gets the late game on Sunday. I guess from a network perspective it makes since.

However (a word defined as "disregard everything before this word"), since the "early" game on Saturday is roughly the same time as the "late" game on Sunday, the obvious answer (assuming we are going to stick with the network rotation between the days) is to have the games involving Seattle and San Francisco both occupy the 4-4:30 starts, and Denver play Saturday night. The network slots are probably prearranged well in advance (like those look like they rotate between the years), so that is how we wind up with this mess.

basically TV networks dictate when the games are played. Art Rooney Sr. was right in saying before he died, that TV would rule the NFL one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online