6 replies to this topic

#1 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,087 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted May 29 2014, 02:06 PM

This division looks brutal. Just brutal this coming year.

The SF draft was ridiculous. Hell, I liked every team's drafts in the NFCW.

And while Seattle let several guys move on (via FA or cuts), most of those were depth or on the wrong side of 30. Golden Tate is the only one whose departure bothered me.

But on the flipside, all of this happened for the Seahawks:

Carroll signed an extension.

Thomas signed an extension.

Bennett signed an extension.

Sherman signed an extension.

Baldwin signed an extension.

All of those player extensions were surprisingly cap-friendly, too.

Looks like Seattle's got their core set for the next several years, so this has been a nice offseason thus far.

Then again, I did just read through some old posts in the NFC West forum and it's pretty clear that I can't predict for shit and therefore the Rams and Cards are going to compete for supremacy in the division with both getting double-digit wins and participating in offensive shootouts while playing crap defense.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#2 Philly Pride

Philly Pride

child please

• Members
  • 32,113 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted May 30 2014, 02:49 PM

Daryl Washington suspended for the year.  Yikes

Posted Image

#3 FourthStooge

FourthStooge

You big dummy

• Members
  • 10,605 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted May 30 2014, 03:10 PM

Daryl Washington suspended for the year.  Yikes

When you combine that with the fact that Harbaugh clearly knows Kaepernick is going to prison for the heinous crimes he committed, the division in flux.  How do we know Harbaugh knows that?  Earlier this week he said 2014 was going to be a "breakout season" for Kaepernick.  What else could he possibly have meant?

Seriously, though, barring a wave of injuries or a lot of character breakdowns, the NFCW is going to be a tough beast this year.  The Seahawks and 49ers had best not focus too much on each other. 

#4 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,775 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted June 02 2014, 10:38 AM

The Rams and Cards are dangerous and should not be taken lightly in the least. But neither Bradford or Palmer are good/consistent enough make me think either team is going to really contend. If either gets their shit together for 16 games, we can revisit that. But right now, they are teams that are good enough to beat you on any given Sunday but ultimately are gonna be in the 7-9 to 9-7 range at the end.

#5 stigmata

stigmata

• Members
  • 14,087 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted June 02 2014, 10:42 AM

The Rams and Cards are dangerous and should not be taken lightly in the least. But neither Bradford or Palmer are good/consistent enough make me think either team is going to really contend. If either gets their shit together for 16 games, we can revisit that. But right now, they are teams that are good enough to beat you on any given Sunday but ultimately are gonna be in the 7-9 to 9-7 range at the end.

If Palmer is given protection, he has the weapons and the ability to make the Cards offense effective. Maybe not explosive, but solid enough to ease some of the pressure on the Arizona D.

On the flipside, as long as Sam Bradford and Brian Schottenheimer are together in St. Louis, the only thing that scares me about the Rams is their D line.

#6 stigmata

stigmata

• Members
  • 14,087 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 19 2014, 01:30 PM

And revisiting this topic...

First off, yesterday, it was reported that K.J. Wright had extended with Seattle for 4-years, $27 mil max (the guaranteed numbers have not yet come out). Today, Cliff Avril re-upped for 4 more years, $28.5 mil with $16 mil guaranteed. More pieces of the defense being locked down for the foreseeable future. Good stuff.

Other teams:

SF: I think while some folks might have expected SF to step back a touch, I don't think anyone foresaw the clusterfuck this season has been for the 49ers. Just bizarre.

Arizona: I'm beginning to hate Bruce Arians.

St. Louis: I already hate Jeff Fisher. You'll pull out your special teams jokers against us with your fake punts and your misdirection returns, but you go super conservative against the Cards in a one-score game? Fuck you.

#7 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,012 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted December 19 2014, 02:28 PM

And revisiting this topic...

First off, yesterday, it was reported that K.J. Wright had extended with Seattle for 4-years, $27 mil max (the guaranteed numbers have not yet come out). Today, Cliff Avril re-upped for 4 more years, $28.5 mil with $16 mil guaranteed. More pieces of the defense being locked down for the foreseeable future. Good stuff.

Other teams:

SF: I think while some folks might have expected SF to step back a touch, I don't think anyone foresaw the clusterfuck this season has been for the 49ers. Just bizarre.

Arizona: I'm beginning to hate Bruce Arians.

St. Louis: I already hate Jeff Fisher. You'll pull out your special teams jokers against us with your fake punts and your misdirection returns, but you go super conservative against the Cards in a one-score game? Fuck you.

Great, now you and Vandy will finally agree on something. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online