http://www.espn.com/...ers-better-spat

#2 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 16 2017, 03:26 PM

Haha, another reason I'm glad I moved away. I only know one Alabama fan here, and he's spent enough time outside the state to not be a douchebag.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#3 stigmata

stigmata

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 25 2017, 08:28 PM

So I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

#4 skins_fan_since_cradle

skins_fan_since_cradle

If you're not first, you're last!

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2017, 01:53 PM

well the SECCG is a virtual road game for auburn. 

#5 stigmata

stigmata

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2017, 01:58 PM

well the SECCG is a virtual road game for auburn. 

True enough. But if the defense can perform against Georgia the same way it did in Auburn 3 weeks ago, I'm confident. If Kerryon Johnson can't go, that's a huge hurdle to overcome, but we should still be able to force that Fromm kid into some mistakes.

#6 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2017, 02:17 PM

I'm rooting for controversy for the NCAA football playoffs.  I want to see a scenario where multiple teams have a real case for the final 4.  They should have known to make this a final 6-8 from the get go.  What would be the best, is if the 4th and final spot came down to a coin flip between Alabama and Ohio State, with Clemson, Oklahoma, and the Auburn/Georgia winner being the first three teams in.  I WOULD LOVE to see these two fan bases heads explode if they are the team that is left out. 

#7 skins_fan_since_cradle

skins_fan_since_cradle

If you're not first, you're last!

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2017, 02:35 PM

True enough. But if the defense can perform against Georgia the same way it did in Auburn 3 weeks ago, I'm confident. If Kerryon Johnson can't go, that's a huge hurdle to overcome, but we should still be able to force that Fromm kid into some mistakes.

if auburn can ground and pound i like their chances a whole lot. If they have to throw the ball i'm not sure your QB is upto slinging it 40+ times. 

#8 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,475 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2017, 02:39 PM

if auburn can ground and pound i like their chances a whole lot. If they have to throw the ball i'm not sure your QB is upto slinging it 40+ times. 

Well Auburn's ground and pound scenario may have taken a big hit seeing that they were down to their 4th string RB in the 4th quarter of the Alabama game.  Not sure what the status is for those guys. 

#9 stigmata

stigmata

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 27 2017, 02:51 PM

Well Auburn's ground and pound scenario may have taken a big hit seeing that they were down to their 4th string RB in the 4th quarter of the Alabama game.  Not sure what the status is for those guys. 

Johnson is looking likely to play in the game. Martin is a full go as his backup, and Stove can be used as a RB if need be. I don't think the run game will be lacking, though it might not be quite up to the level it showed previously.

Stidham has gotten better and better throughout the season, though I have no idea if he's a 40+ attempts guy. I'd be really surprised if he went over 30 attempts, given how dedicated to balance Auburn has been this season. Then again, we haven't seen a game get away from them to the point where they were forced to throw a ton this season, either.

#10 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 12,948 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 28 2017, 02:41 PM

I am not betting against Stidham. 

I know that both 2017 Alabama and Auburn aren't quite as good as the 2013 versions. So it's hard to make too many grand proclamations but man it sure does feel like Auburn is 2013 scary again. 

#11 stigmata

stigmata

• Members
  • 14,220 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted November 28 2017, 03:19 PM

I am not betting against Stidham. 

I know that both 2017 Alabama and Auburn aren't quite as good as the 2013 versions. So it's hard to make too many grand proclamations but man it sure does feel like Auburn is 2013 scary again. 

Stidham is a better passing QB than Marshall was. But we don't have the same monster O-line as we did in 2013. So that's a bit of a wash.

Still, I can't adequately state how satisfying the Alabama and Georgia games were. In 2013, we needed miracle plays to beat both of those teams, and it seems like we always need some memorable shocker of a play to beat Alabama. But not this year. This year, we just beat the shit out of Georgia and were better than Alabama across the board. I know the rematch against Georgia will be much tougher than the regular season game, and I don't think we can repeat the incredible feat of holding the Bulldogs to 46 yards rushing. But the D is still strong, and if Kerryon can get to like 85% health before the game, I think we will have a great shot at winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online