• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Birdman

Birdman
  • Members
  • 5,678 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 12 2018, 11:37 AM

Does this affect his legacy as the GOAT? What if he loses this weekend or in the AFCCG, does it hurt his legacy more or less than it would if he lost in the Super Bowl? Do you strike the black-and-white view of win/loss and put it more on performance? Would his age excuse a poor (not Flacco 2009 Wildcard or Roethlisberger SB 40 bad) performance by his standards resulting in a loss?

I guess I'm asking, what does Brady have to do to lose his status as the GOAT QB?

#2 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 13,041 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 12 2018, 01:14 PM

Good news! Can't lose what you never had. Rest easy, padowan. 

#3 Birdman

Birdman
  • Members
  • 5,678 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 12 2018, 07:55 PM

Ok but seriously...GOAT status for everyone else, 2nd GOAT or 10th or whatever for Geto. Does tying the record for most SB losses go down as a knock or does it have no effect

#4 skins_fan_since_cradle

skins_fan_since_cradle

If you're not first, you're last!

• Members
  • 3,474 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 12 2018, 10:01 PM

this is a thread? 

#5 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,542 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 13 2018, 09:45 AM

Only if we feed it sfsc...only if we feed it... and since I am stuck waiting for a repairman, here I go like a moth to the flame :P

Birdman, before you go getting all butthurt over a perceived slight...try to realize this is some rainy day nonsense to be mulled over by three diehards..who are the Pats' equivalent of the "Da Bears!" guys from SNL.

Said camp followers will be fellating Brady's memory until they die. Detractors of his...would likely use a poor showing as fuel for their fire. Th rest of us rabble in the middle of those endcaps would probably take it more or less with a grain of salt.

There is also the fact that this topic...in various forms has been done, redone, beaten to death, butchered, eaten, crapped out, and that pile of crap analyzed, set out to dry, then every fly that came to eat it has also been analyzed.

Yes for the millionth time, individual Super Bowl performances carry a lot more weight than they should with the mob when evaluating a QBs lifetime value. But just recognizing this makes it no less true so yes, should he make another SB and have a shitty game...it would tarnish the legacy just a tad for many onlookers. You can probably rest easy in he knowledge that for most...that would mean he would only be 95% awesome instead of 96%

and did you just say that would tie him for most SB losses? Granted even my old school knowledge of NFL history is taking on some rust as I neglect the current game more and more but Jim Kelly for sure...and I think Elway and Tarkenton also have four losses.

#6 Birdman

Birdman
  • Members
  • 5,678 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 13 2018, 05:01 PM

I thought 3 was the most, with Elway at the top. Didn't actually try verifying though lol. Ben, I guess my question is is it enough to knock him down a notch on your all-time list personally. I'm sure for some people it is

And if you all have better thread ideas feel free to start em.

#7 Ben6821

Ben6821

There's no innocence, only strangers.

• Members
  • 30,542 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 13 2018, 06:24 PM

For me, no.  That he is even still walking much less looking better than competent at this advanced stage of his career can only be a plus, win lose or draw...I mean unless he morphed into Ryan Leaf and didnt have the good sense to "hang 'em up" and kept it up another 5 years or something he really can't damage his reputation. 

In fairness my system is a bit weird  I dont automatically ding for a loss..nor reward for a win (for instance I dont think he played poorly in either Giants SB...and he actually loses some credibility with me for both the Atlanta and Carolina SBs because any late heroics were only to cover a bad first half.  Sure you can argue all is well that ends well but I have a hard time handing out superman points when your caped crusading was only covering up your own mistakes to begin with *shrug* )

#8 badasp

badasp

Driveby Poster

• Members
  • 2,314 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 14 2018, 09:12 AM

Brady disciples should be more worried about what happens next year and beyond. If BB, McDaniels, and/or Patricia all leave at the end of this season and we find out that it's because Brady made the team trade Garoppolo watch out. Pats fans will turn on him faster than the weather changed on Saturday. I myself am already tired of his TB12/Alex Guerrero pliability crap. The objective should be to keep the team viable moving forward not undermining it because Tommy's gotten too big for his Uggs. He's been showing signs of decline for quite a while now; there should be a viable replacement on the roster. A drop back to the pack is inevitable but a rapid descent to the bottom isn't. Should the latter happen because of Tommy Barstool Sports will be printing new t-shirts with both Kraft his face wearing clown noses. TFB will quickly morph into FTB.

UMass Lowell River Hawks - 2013, 2014, and 2017 Hockey East Champions!

#9 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 13,041 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 16 2018, 03:33 PM

Only if we feed it sfsc...only if we feed it... and since I am stuck waiting for a repairman, here I go like a moth to the flame :P

Birdman, before you go getting all butthurt over a perceived slight...try to realize this is some rainy day nonsense to be mulled over by three diehards..who are the Pats' equivalent of the "Da Bears!" guys from SNL.

Said camp followers will be fellating Brady's memory until they die. Detractors of his...would likely use a poor showing as fuel for their fire. Th rest of us rabble in the middle of those endcaps would probably take it more or less with a grain of salt.

There is also the fact that this topic...in various forms has been done, redone, beaten to death, butchered, eaten, crapped out, and that pile of crap analyzed, set out to dry, then every fly that came to eat it has also been analyzed.

Yes for the millionth time, individual Super Bowl performances carry a lot more weight than they should with the mob when evaluating a QBs lifetime value. But just recognizing this makes it no less true so yes, should he make another SB and have a shitty game...it would tarnish the legacy just a tad for many onlookers. You can probably rest easy in he knowledge that for most...that would mean he would only be 95% awesome instead of 96%

and did you just say that would tie him for most SB losses? Granted even my old school knowledge of NFL history is taking on some rust as I neglect the current game more and more but Jim Kelly for sure...and I think Elway and Tarkenton also have four losses.

The Bills, Broncos and Vikes all have four Super Bowl losses. Kelly has four but both Tark and Elway have only three. The Broncos lost with Craig Morton in Super Bowl XII and the Vikes lost SB IV with Joe Kapp. 

#10 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,646 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted January 17 2018, 12:32 PM

The Bills, Broncos and Vikes all have four Super Bowl losses. Kelly has four but both Tark and Elway have only three. The Broncos lost with Craig Morton in Super Bowl XII and the Vikes lost SB IV with Joe Kapp. 

Ooooh, look at Geto droppin knowledge on us.  Went above and beyond with the Joe Kapp reference. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online