6 replies to this topic

#1 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 13,043 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 12 2018, 02:08 PM

...People were saying Colin Kaepernick wasn't getting a job because he wasn't good enough?

https://deadspin.com...dium=socialflow

That was funny. 

#2 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,290 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 12 2018, 03:34 PM

I don't know how much I buy this, especially when you see Rapaport's tweets in response to Schefter's.

What on earth good would it do for the Seahawks to provide explicit evidence for Kaepernick's lawsuit against the league? In fact, I would be willing to bet that the lawsuit was probably the "what's the plan?" subject. If the Seahawks sign him, what is the plan for the lawsuit? Does it continue due to his loss of opportunity for the 2017 season? I mean, didn't Kaepernick already say he wouldn't be kneeling for any games in the future?

But I guess that nuance doesn't make for good headlines.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#3 GetoThunderFist

GetoThunderFist

Represent, represent.

• Members
  • 13,043 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 12 2018, 04:56 PM

I don't know how much I buy this, especially when you see Rapaport's tweets in response to Schefter's.

What on earth good would it do for the Seahawks to provide explicit evidence for Kaepernick's lawsuit against the league? In fact, I would be willing to bet that the lawsuit was probably the "what's the plan?" subject. If the Seahawks sign him, what is the plan for the lawsuit? Does it continue due to his loss of opportunity for the 2017 season? I mean, didn't Kaepernick already say he wouldn't be kneeling for any games in the future?

But I guess that nuance doesn't make for good headlines.

I am not trying to take out the Seahawks specifically, here. I am pointing out that this combined with the Bengals balking on Eric Reid, is pretty much all you need to know: It was always about the anthem. 

#4 stigmata

stigmata

All about dat action, boss.

• Members
  • 14,290 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 13 2018, 09:13 AM

I agree that almost every team who has signed a junk backup or decided they could survive by starting Tom Savage is avoiding Kaepernick because of the protests. But Seattle has brought the guy in once already. The only team to really do so (though I recall some noise about Kaepernick and the Ravens at one point). Their explanation for not signing him that time was that they felt he was a starting QB and would justifiably demand starting money, and Seattle's already got their starter (though, you can certainly poke holes in that explanation). And now they are the only team that has been linked to him again. Of all the teams, Seattle seems to be making the best good-faith effort to kick the tires on Kaepernick. I don't know why this latest issue paints the team like they are in the Mike Brown/Woody Johnson club of franchises. I can easily see those teams giving Kaepernick that ultimatum. It seems drastically out of character for Seattle to do it.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

#5 skins_fan_since_cradle

skins_fan_since_cradle

If you're not first, you're last!

• Members
  • 3,483 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 13 2018, 07:56 PM

RGknee got a job. nuff said

#6 Sideshow91

Sideshow91
  • Members
  • 27,661 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 14 2018, 09:08 PM

Does seem like it's a condition for employment.  Which, if it's a rule that the league wants to set, then if you want to work for that company, then don't kneel.  That being said, if this the routed the NFL and it's owners take, then they have to be willing to deal with backlash on the other side, like sponsors who support these players right to kneel.

I did read something the other day where an NFL beat writer who has been around the NFL for thirty years, wrote and article that talked about how he personally knew and could verify 7 people that stopped watching the NFL cold turkey because of the anthem protests. Now, if you're the NFL, and you see a guy, who granted is around the game as much as this writer, imagine if everyone knows at least 1 or 2 people who stopped watching because of this.  The league owners are in a bit of a bind.  

Personally I watch about 90% of the NFL games I watched 7-8 years ago.  But the anthem protests are near the bottom of the reasons why.  I've been turned off by the rules changes and replays. 

#7 MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin
  • Members
  • 32,718 posts
  • Favorite Team:

Posted April 18 2018, 04:40 PM

Does seem like it's a condition for employment.  Which, if it's a rule that the league wants to set, then if you want to work for that company, then don't kneel.  That being said, if this the routed the NFL and it's owners take, then they have to be willing to deal with backlash on the other side, like sponsors who support these players right to kneel.

I did read something the other day where an NFL beat writer who has been around the NFL for thirty years, wrote and article that talked about how he personally knew and could verify 7 people that stopped watching the NFL cold turkey because of the anthem protests. Now, if you're the NFL, and you see a guy, who granted is around the game as much as this writer, imagine if everyone knows at least 1 or 2 people who stopped watching because of this.  The league owners are in a bit of a bind.  

Personally I watch about 90% of the NFL games I watched 7-8 years ago.  But the anthem protests are near the bottom of the reasons why.  I've been turned off by the rules changes and replays. 

I think perhaps it's more a standard of conduct thing set by the team.  He is employed by a team and teams have a right to set standards of conduct, there are other means for Kaep to get his point across and I feel he has a point to make.  

Vandilay Industries:  Never in the history of the league has a fan of one team been so obsessed with the success of another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online